星期日, 4月 22, 2007

Andrew Carnegie 30歲

人生的 Plug n Play? 跟著卡耐基的腳步,成為成功人士?肯定不可能,但是看看參考也無妨?這樣的說法常常叫我無法認同。

Carnegie’s philanthropic inclinations began some time before retirement. He wrote;
I propose to take an income no greater than $50,000 per annum! Beyond this I need ever earn, make no effort to increase my fortune, but spend the surplus each year for benevolent purposes! Let us cast aside business forever, except for others. Let us settle in Oxford and I shall get a thorough education, making the acquaintance of literary men. I figure that this will take three years active work. I shall pay especial attention to speaking in public. We can settle in London and I can purchase a controlling interest in some newspaper or live review and give the general management of it attention, taking part in public matters, especially those connected with education and improvement of the poorer classes. Man must have an idol and the amassing of wealth is one of the worst species of idolatry! No idol is more debasing than the worship of money! Whatever I engage in I must push inordinately; therefore should I be careful to choose that life which will be the most elevating in its character. To continue much longer overwhelmed by business cares and with most of my thoughts wholly upon the way to make more money in the shortest time, must degrade me beyond hope of permanent recovery. I will resign business at thirty-five, but during these ensuing two years I wish to spend the afternoons in receiving instruction and in reading systematically!
卡耐基我不熟,太快批評又不好,還是有空好好閱讀好。
Project Gutenberg - Autobiography of Andrew Carnegie
Project Gutenberg - Round the World
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Carnegie
綠色工廠 Easylife Blog :: 30歲以前不要去在乎的29件事

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Recent Comments