星期六, 12月 06, 2008

Three approaches to psychotherapy

Three approaches to psychotherapy. A film series produced by Psychological Films (1975). Gloria, a patient, engaged in therapy with three psychotherapists who have different theories. The film includes descriptions of each theory. Part I features her interview with Carl Rogers a client-centred therapist. Part II features Frederick Perls, a Gestatt therapist. Part III features Albert Ellis, a rational-emotive psychotherapist.
  1. Dr. Carl Rogers, founder of Client-centered therapy (48 mins)
  2. Dr. Frederick Perls, founder of Gestalt therapy (32mins) / [.flv]
  3. Albert Ellis (36mins) / [.flv]
Since part 1 is hard to get through the internet, I have group the full 5 part film in this slides. I have backup the film for personal use as well, please inform me in case the films have been removed. Part 2 & 3 can be view through the internet (click the links above).

I have been discussing with my roommate Jimmy on counseling issues lately as he is heading for Master this year. This give me a chance to look back into my memories. We have watched the films when we were in our 1st year General psychology class. Enjoy if haven't watch it before and I hope you find it interesting on what the Gurus mean by 'psychotherapy' through their practice.


Click here to have a bigger view
wikipedia.org/Carl_Rogers
wikipedia.org/Fritz_Perls
wikipedia.org/Albert_Ellis

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Recent Comments